Monday, October 14, 2019

Where I've Been

A few months ago, I had a breakdown after realizing I was spreading myself too thin. I was managing a YouTube channel, an Instagram, trying to keep up my grades, playing a lead in the school play, and was being harassed at school.

I felt sick.

I decided I need to sort my priorities. Mental health came first, so I made an appointment with my therapist and uninstalled all social media besides YouTube and took a break from making videos. I was writing scripts in my theatre class and playing Happy Medium in the school play A Wrinkle in Time, so most of my creative needs were filled.

Second was my grades. Without the pressure of having to make YouTube videos, I had more time to do homework without sacrificing sleep. In my free time, I was able to draw, learn my lines, and bit by bit write a script for a short film I was planning.

Third was my social life. Because I can't drive, I'm not able to go out with friends much. I spent a lot of my free time in Wrinkle, so that help me socialize. I also was able to text my friends when I wasn't doing homework.

I was finally able to take a breath and focus on what I love to do, which was being social and theatre. I noticed I was so much happier when I wasn't stressing all the time, and I still want to keep that up.

TTYL
-Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment